Code of Conduct for the Students
The students in Don Bosco Polytechnic College should understand the dignity of work and study and look upon then as a duty which is both noble and necessary. In this way, as they develop the talents which they have received from God, they will grow in maturity, will repay the sacrifices of their parents, correspondent with their expectations and prepare themselves for life. The students should cultivate a sense of duty which their response to God’s demands on them and which is also an expression of their sense of personal and social responsibility.
This calls for serious and disciplined learning and behavior without which active cooperation between teachers and pupils would be impossible.
The college assumes that all the students come to study and expects the highest standard of integrity for them. Unethical or undesirable conduct contrary to the general directives of the college will be severely dealt with.
- Cleanliness, personal hygiene, nearness of dress and a well-mannered and respectful bearing are expected of every student which nurtures a sense of dignity and refinement.
- Mutual respect and kindness should be the ruling factor in the dealing of boys among themselves. Any arrogant behavior, bullying or ridiculing of one’s companions is altogether deplorable and will never be tolerated.
- Any talk behavior which is morally reprehensible and any systematic opposition to the management are serious faults and those who do not correct themselves may, at the discretion of the authorities, be dismissed from the college.
- Students are forbidden to organize or attend any meeting in the institution or collect any money for any purpose without the permission of the Principal..
- The students are responsible to the college for their behviour outside the college premises. Any misbehavior of a serious nature is likely to bring about suspension or dismissal.
- Students are required to be safety-minded in handling machines, equipment, accessories, electrical installations, etc. They should in no case tamper with or handle any machine or electrical installation without the permission of the concerned staff and must comply with safety regulations in general. The college will not be responsible for any injury or disability caused to the students due to their neglect in observing regulations.
- It is forbidden to write or scratch on walls, furniture, et. Students will be held responsible for any loss, damage or breakage of the instruments or machinery under their care.
- Students are not authorized to install, update or delete any software in the computer without the prior permission of the principal. Possession of any unauthorized/private software by any student or violation of terms and conditions in this rule will be dealt with seriously.
- Indecent books, magazines, newspapers, CDs, DVDs and the like which are opposed to the spirit of the college are absolutely forbidden.
- Substance abuse is absolutely forbidden in the campus.
- Students are responsible for the custody of their books and belongings.
- Visitors should not call on a student, while he/she is in class, except in case of urgent necessity, after the permission of the Principal / Dean of Studies is obtained. Phone calls should not be made to the students unless it is extremely urgent.
- Mobile phones are not allowed to posses in the college premise and during the college hours.
- Students are forbidden to leave the college premises during working hours. They are forbidden to take away any article whatsoever other than those they have brought in. Written permission from the Principal is mandatory to leave the college.
- All work carried out by the students in the college must be available to the authorities when required, and the authority reserves the right to reproduce such work in any manner. Students may not take any practical work away from the college unless they have obtained permission to do so from the Principal.
- In those places where all assembly for workshop, study or work, silence should be maintained as a mark of respect for others.
- All personnel employed by the college should be treated with respect.
- The staff will get together regularly to make an assessment of the student’s conduct and application. Any disciplinary admonition found necessary will be made by Principal / Dean of Studies. Students are expected to take these remarks seriously. Any disciplinary action taken is the joint responsibility of the entire management.
- All notices intended for students will be put on the notice board or read out in classes where possible. The students are expected to acquaint themselves with the day-to-day announcements. It is entirely the responsibility of the students to keep themselves informed of all circulars and notices that may be issued from time to time. Ignorance of any notice thus posted will not be accepted as an excuse for failing to comply with it.
- In the interests of discipline and order, the Dean of studies is authorized to resort to such action as fines, cancellation of attendance, concessions and scholarships etc.
- The Management reserves the right to stop any student during the course of the year, if he does not exhibit proper interest in his studies or is found irregular and unfit otherwise. The decision of the management in matters of admission, discipline, study suspension and dismissal is final.